Summer Cocktail: Sgroppino9:35 AM
While browsing Peter Callahan's amazing blog, I discovered sgroppinos. They're an Italian after dinner drink that consist of sorbet, Italian Prosecco, and vodka. Sgroppinos are a great option for outdoor summer parties or wedding receptions. They are super refreshing and relatively simple to make. This would make a wonderful action station at an event.
- 4 pints lemon sorbet
- 1 1/2 cups chilled vodka
- 2 1/4 cups chilled prosecco
- 3/4 cup limoncello liqueur
- simple syrup, but only if needed and to taste
- Take the sorbet out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature until it’s soft but not melted, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Scoop the sorbet into a large chilled bowl and pour in your favorite vodka.
- Briskly whisk the sorbet and vodka together until the mixture is smoothie smooth, and then whisk in the chilled Prosecco.
- Taste (yeah, tough job but someone’s gotta do it) and adjust the sweetness with simple syrup, if needed.
- Divide amongst twelve chilled glasses (I like martini glasses) and finish with a little drizzle of Limoncello liqueur, and serve.